While commercial businesses have been drawn to the virtues of Hosted VoIP for more than a decade, schools are now starting to switch their traditional phone systems to Hosted VOIP as well.
In this era of heightened security, instant communications and declining revenue for facility upkeep, a reliable and secure communications network that increases productivity and efficiency has become a necessity for schools. In fact, schools have a unique set of needs that Hosted VOIP can address more easily than any other.
Simplicity VoIP has worked with schools to provide:
- Significantly reduced capital expense (no “equipment closet” is needed with a Hosted VoIP system)
- Reduced voice costs
- Fixed monthly costs
- The ability to manage features independently and easily through an online customer portal
- Affordably installed phones in every classroom, for increased lines of communication and in the event of an emergency
- Intercom presence in a classroom for hands-free communication with a teacher, or to monitor activity in the event of an emergency
- 24/7/365 client services support of phone system management
- Summer turn-down service to lower operating costs (allowing schools to turn off unneeded lines when students and staff are off campus)
- On-site installation and training
- The ability to deploy service technicians to a location for expedited assistance if needed
Schools today often outsource IT support due to financial constraints. With Simplicity VoIP, standard technical support comes at no-charge with Hosted VOIP. Simplicity has developed a unique platform to address the various security, efficiency, financial and accessibility needs of schools across the Commonwealth.
School Case Study
In 2016, Simplicity VoIP worked with St. Andrew’s School located in Oregon Hill in the city of Richmond to develop a Hosted VoIP solution that addressed their specific challenges:
- An obsolete premise based phone system was not providing the open communication network the school required
- As a non-profit, tuition-free school educating the under-served of Richmond, financial resources were limited
- A tight time frame to complete renovations, complicated by a fire during the project
The Simplicity VoIP team worked with the school’s administrators and builders who were renovating the circa 1900 facility to devise a solution that met both needs. Despite project setbacks outside of the control of the contractors, Simplicity was able to help bring the project in on-time. In keeping with its parent company’s (Comtel Communications) core values of community service and support, Simplicity VoIP contributed to the equipment for each office and classroom, helping the school stay within budget while greatly improving overall communications.
Simplicity VoIP’s dedicated team of sales representatives, project managers and client services understands that we live in an era where security and ease of communication have become critical to the safety and well-being of our children. Simplicity’s individual approach to each customer provides excellence in product and service, and to guarantee satisfaction.
Contact Simplicity VoIP by calling 855.247.8686 to set up a free telecom assessment of your school or business. Visit Simplicity VoIP at www.simplicityvoip.net to learn more about the company and their services.