Richmonders guzzled down about 1.5 million gallons of liquor last year, and BizSense took a look at where they bought their booze.
Using data from the Virginia Department of Alcoholic Beverage Control’s recently released annual report (PDF), we compiled this list of the 10 highest grossing ABC stores in the Richmond area.
The busiest local stores for the fiscal year ending June 30, 2012:
- 10 North Thompson Street, Richmond, $6,121,640
- 2901 Hermitage Road, Richmond, $5,556,995
- 11108 Midlothian Turnpike, Chesterfield County, $5,015,653
- 4320 S. Laburnum Avenue, Henrico County, $4,883,189
- 3406 Pump Road, Henrico County, $4,761,328
- 12629 Jefferson Davis Highway, Chesterfield County, $3,899,118
- 3100-A West Broad Street, Richmond, $3,226,763
- 7036 Forest Hill Avenue, Richmond, $3,153,518
- 13113 Rittenhouse Drive, Chesterfield County, $3,134,379
- 8700 West Broad Street, Henrico County, $2,919,650
The shops at North Thompson Street and Hermitage Road also had the top spots on last year’s list.
Overall, local ABC stores brought in $107 million in revenue for fiscal 2012, a $7 million increase over fiscal 2011. Statewide sales jumped to $734 million from $692 million, and fiscal 2012 the 14th consecutive year liquor sales have increased in Virginia.
Find out which kinds of liquor are the biggest sellers in Richmond by exploring the BizSense Alcohol Sales List.