Richmond, VA –- May 20, 2008 – The Venture Forum will hold its fourth annual Greater Richmond’s Company to Watch event (GRCTW) event, this year on Wednesday, October 29, 2008 at Toad’s Place in Richmond’s Shockoe Slip. The event is a gathering of local entrepreneurs, financing sources and service providers.
The purpose of the event is to highlight Greater Richmond’s vibrant and innovative entrepreneurial community. The event features the selection of a dozen local companies deemed “companies to watch”. From the first 24 selected in the first two years, over a dozen went on to have successful sales or capital raised and many of the others have grown significantly in revenues and employment.
Past selections have shown the breadth of innovation in the Greater Richmond area including companies such as:
· Velocity Micro, maker of custom high-speed PCs and notebooks
· EverDrive, now the leading online recycled auto parts clearing house
· SnagAJob.com, now the top U.S. hourly-wage job listing site
· Intelliject, a biotech firm that has created an innovative auto-injection drug delivery system
· ArenaRacingUSA, inventor of indoor stockcar racing
By demonstrating that the Greater Richmond area has a critical mass of early stage companies with high growth potential, the GRCTW goal is to increase attention paid to the area by venture capitalists and financing sources.