As IT specialists, Entec Systems provides computer services, networking, and technology planning to biotechnology companies and labs. Entec is based in Richmond, Virginia but works with clients throughout Virginia. Their goal on every IT project is to maximize productivity while minimizing downtime.
Entec can be called on to solve a single technology issue, update a current system, or design and build a company’s IT infrastructure from the ground up. Having worked with companies and labs within the biotech industry since they began in 2002, Entec understands the unique challenges faced by these types of organizations – information security, HIPAA standards, and system failures, among others.
The company is able to support in-house IT personnel, lending expertise in areas the internal team is not experienced in, or serve as the IT team, preforming scheduled maintenance and security upgrades while providing quick response to issues.
Working with several biotech-focused companies, Entec has:
- Set up security systems to safeguard sensitive patient information and to provide protection from security breaches.
- Evaluated the current system and recommended either a complete refresh or worked through a defined process to keep all IT systems in top working order.
- Worked with an existing system, or new system, to avoid the pitfalls that result in network outages.
- Created a disaster recovery plan to deal with the loss of data and connectivity.
- Established backup systems to keep sensitive information secure and allow access to that information; this keeps the business running and allows for continued reporting and transferring of information.
Biotech Company Case Study
Entec worked with medical device startup. The client needed an IT partner who would help them scale their technology and change as their needs changed.
The organization was adding outside salespeople and manufacturing partners located throughout the US and overseas. And they already had a mixture of platforms across many laptops, tablets and mobile devices. One of their unique challenges was the need to securely share intellectual property with their partners while retaining control of that information at all times.
Entec was able to provide the client with expert guidance in selecting a mixture of cloud, hybrid and on-premise solutions that supply the technology critical to the company’s operation.
Talk with an Entec IT expert and learn how they can assist your company. You can set up a no-fee appointment with one of their certified system engineers by calling 800-716-2544 or visit www.entecva.com.