Hue & Cry hired Trish Janovic as senior designer and Luis Roca as art director. Janovic was previously with Facebook, where she worked as a designer and illustrator. Roca was at The Mill/Chicago, where he worked with Hue & Cry creative director Matt Darnall. Both Janovic and Roca are graduates of the Savannah College of Art and Design and will be working on projects for Neutrogena.
93 Octane created a commemorative coffee table book for Virginia Association of Realtors. The 232-page picture book traces its 100-year history and tracks trends in real estate over the century. The agency created a website for Richmond Catholic Foundation‘s Women’s Giving Circle.
93 Octane also completed brand positioning work and a website refresh for Cornerstone Architects. The site update includes new images and headshots from a socially distant photoshoot by local photographer Jay Paul.
Addison Clark was hired by Heroes Restoration to manage its digital marketing. Work for the Henrico-based disaster restoration business will include search engine optimization, social media management and digital advertising.
Madison+Main hired Jeremy Colb as an account executive. He was previously an associate copywriter at EAB and is a Christopher Newport University graduate.
Advertising Club of Richmond held a virtual version of its annual Ad Bowl panel Feb. 9. Panelists who reviewed this year’s Super Bowl ads included Jonathan Carl from The Martin Agency, Colin Beckett from Overcoast Music and Jordan Rodericks from Spang TV.
Twenty Brandcenter alums contributed to 14 of this year’s Super Bowl ads, including spots for Anheuser-Busch, Doritos, Indeed and Samuel Adams:
- • Michael Hagos (2011): Anheuser-Busch brand spot, Wieden+Kennedy NY.
- • Robert Clark (’19), Jerry Hoak (’05), Deric Nance (’04) and Blake Smoral (’18): DoorDash “The Neighborhood,” The Martin Agency.
- • Sophie Lichtman (’20) and Mila Wizel (’20): Doritos, “Flat Matthew,” Goodby Silverstein & Partners.
- • Heather Apple (’06): Hellmann’s Mayonnaise, Wunderman Thompson.
- • Beth Stone (’08): Indeed “The Rising,” Indeed.
- • Cori Johnson (’13) and Conner Tobiason (’12): Jimmy John’s, Anomaly LA.
- • Luke Behrends (’07) and Meranne Behrends (’07): MaineHealth, Words from the Woods (Maine regional spot).
- • Nate Totten (’10): Mercari “Get your unused things back in the game,” Rain the Growth Agency.
- • Blair Warren (’14): Michelob Ultra, Wieden+Kennedy.
- • Cristen Ingram (’04): Northwestern Mutual “Financial Planning for Families. Affected by Autism,” Northwestern Mutual.
- • Scott Beard (’15): Rocket Mortgage, Highdive.
- • Marisa Perazzelli (’14): Samuel Adams, Goodby, Silverstein & Partners.
- • Jodi Kanger Shelley (’00): T-Mobile, T-Mobile.
- • Marc d’Avignon (’05): Toyota, Saatchi LA.