Richmond BizSense events gather the local business community for invaluable networking opportunities and insightful discussions with Richmond’s most successful businesspeople.
For information about 2023 event sponsorship click here!
Recent events and coming soon
2023 Richmond Economic Forecast
Join BizSense and presenting sponsor PNC Bank for the third annual Richmond Economic Forecast. This hybrid event will be held on Thursday, Jan. 12, 2023 – Purchase tickets!
This event includes two segments: the first featuring a panel discussion with local CEOs and business owners, followed by a slate of regional economists, all sharing their views of the year to come.
In partnership with the Robins School of Business, in-person guests attend a live event at the Jepson Alumni Center. Virtual guests watched the live event via Zoom.
Our popular list celebrates Richmond’s fastest-growing companies. The RVA 25 is ranked by average annual revenue growth over the previous 3 years.
- The 2021 celebration was held on Monday, September 2 at Hardywood West Creek.
- The 2020 celebration was held via Zoom.
- The 2019 celebration was held at The Innovation Center.
- The Future of Innsbrook: July 27 – recap.
- The Future of Shockoe Bottom – recording
- The Future of Affordable Housing- recording
- The Future of Petersburg – recording
- The Future of Cannabis in Virginia – recording
- The Future of Richmond Tourism – recording
- The Future of Reopening Your Office – recording
- The Future of Richmond Startups – recording
- The Future of Construction and Design in Richmond – recording
- The Future of GreenCity – recording
- The Future of: 2021 Economic Forecast – recording
- The Future of Manchester recap.
- The Future of Suburban Homebuilding recap.
- The Future of The Boulevard recap.
- The Future of RVA Office Space recap.
- The Future of Transit-Oriented Development recap.
Special thanks to the Future of RVA Office Space sponsors: Highwoods Properties, Sands Anderson, Richmond Gas Works, Keiter, Puritan Cleaners, Commonwealth Commercial, Virginia Community Capital, AVIVA, National Wall Covering, Blue Ridge Offices, Northeast USA, South State Bank, Baskervill, Real Property Management Richmond Metro, Safe Harbor Title, AVIVA, Classic Party Rentals, BDO, S.L. Nusbaum Realty Co. & Hourigan.
RVA Power Women Awards
The inaugural award celebration of Richmond’s most notable businesswomen, was presented by Brown Edwards on May 9, 2022. Event Recap.
All 2022 and 2023 event info is available at www.RVAPowerWomen.com
2022 First Citizens Bank Invitational
This tournament was held at the Federal Club on April 4, 2022 – Event Recap
2021 South State Invitational
This tournament was held at Belmont Golf Course on August 27, 2021 – Event Recap
2021 Safe Harbor Title Invitational:
This tournament was held at the Federal Club on April 5, 2021 – Event Recap
5 O’Clock Belles
The 5 O’Clock Belles is a casual networking event designed to bring together Richmond’s powerhouse women – fostering connection and collaboration among some of the community’s key female players.
Hard Hat Happy Hours
Each quarter BizSense hosts a lively networking event at one of the area’s most interesting and under-construction real estate developments.
- Here’s a peek at previous events:
- Q1 – The Otis
- Q2 – Brewers Row
- Q4 – Caravati’s Apartments
- Q4– Libbie Mill
- Q3– Regency Square
- Q1– The Spur
- Q2– The Penny
- Q3– Port City
- Q4– The Sauer Center
Special thanks to all of our 2018 Hard Hat sponsors: Sands Anderson, Keiter, TowneBank, Safe Harbor Title, S.B. Cox, Postbellum, Circle Design, Aviva Rental Systems, Classic Party Rentals, PermitZip, Shaheen, Ruth, Martin and Fonville, PlanGrid, Isley Brewing Co., Colliers International, Joyner Fine Properties, Modern Door, Cite Design, and Townes Cite Engineering.
The Back to Business Bash:
This event was held at Hardywood on September 22, 2021. – Event Recap
Hard Hat Happy Hour Virtual Tours
Richmond BizSense’s Hard Hat Happy Hours, presented by Sands Anderson, are back – sort of.
We’re pleased to introduce Hard Hat Happy Hour Virtual Tours, a recurring video series that will take you inside some of the most noteworthy real estate developments under construction in the region. We’ll use this format while the pandemic continues to play out and until it’s safe to resume our usual in-person Hard Hat Happy Hour events.
- Sauer Center
- South Falls Tower
- The Ella
- Riviera on Semmes
- Kinsale HQ and Tapestry West Apartments
- Common House Richmond
- Regency Square Mall
- Hill Standard
- The Current
- Westhampton Commons
BizSense Home Run Derby
Watch the 2020 highlight reel below.
BizSense Assembly: A Weekly Online Program
We’re taking the conversation online for the next installment of BizSense events.
Join us for a live weekly online panel discussion series that will dissect how the pandemic is trickling through specific industries in the Richmond-area economy. Half of the proceeds of each ticket sale will be donated to Feed More.
- Week 1: Restaurants (April 1, 2020)
- Week 2: Hotels (April 8, 2020)
- Week 3: Apartments (April 15, 2020)
- Week 4: Retail (April 22, 2020)
- Week 5: Breweries (April 29, 2020)
- Week 6: Reopening the Richmond Economy (May 6, 2020)
- Week 7: Lending (May 13, 2020)
- Week 8: Live Events (May 20, 2020)
- Week 9: Black Entrepreneurship in Richmond (July 22, 2020)
Richmond BizSense is proud to introduce RVA < 30, our first young professionals networking event.
This new series caters specifically to business people who are under 30 – those who are in the early stage of their careers and are looking for a casual networking event.
Special thanks to our sponsors: Brunch…, GRS Title, NCI, Cirrus Vodka, RIVERSTONE, Summit Human Capital, and KV Legal.
Missed out on a previous virtual panel? Check out our video archive – here.